What are Veneers?
You probably know what a regular makeover looks like, but have you ever heard of a ‘Smile Makeover’? — That’s right. Nowadays, even your smile can get a makeover of its own! In the world of dentistry, however, the process of cosmetically altering your teeth is known as getting Dental Veneers.
Veneers are custom-made teeth that look and act like a shield. These mini teeth-guards are strategically bonded to your natural teeth to help cover up any blemishes or stains. Not to mention, you can pick out whatever suits you best with the different types of veneers to choose from.
The main purpose of Veneers, on the other hand, is to enhance the overall appearance of your pearly whites. This way, you’re left with a beaming smile for days on end.
Types of Veneers
Like picking out an ice cream flavor, Veneers also come in a lot of variety that you can hand-pick. That is, from permanent to temporary, Veneers differ in many ways. Some need more time to prepare before being bonded to your teeth. At the same time, others can be placed on the spot for an instant lift. It’s up to you and your teeth to go for the type of veneers that meet your expectations.
1. Ceramic Veneers
- Designed to fit snugly on your teeth.
- Require less prep time.
- Made from synthesized ceramic.
- perfect hue to match your teeth.
- Thicker and more durable in build.
2. Composite Resin Veneers
- One of the most common veneers used.
- Made from resin for a smooth texture.
- Easy to repair.
- Irritation-free application.
- Strong and long-lasting.
- Paper-light but gives a natural feel.
- Inexpensive in comparison to others.
- Can be taken out or replaced.
- Minimal prep time.
4. Palatal Veneers
- Also referred to as Onlays.
- Used to restore the back of front teeth.
- Applied on the inside rather than outside of teeth.
- Treatment for posterior teeth.
- Curated from gold.
- Most commonly used.
- Created from pure porcelain.
- Long-lasting & Stain-resistant.
- Require the longest prep time.
- Resembles teeth in texture and feel.
6. Removable Veneers
- Known as Snap-on or Temporary Veneers.
- Can be taken out any time.
- Used a mouthguard but not as durable.
- Set with a temporary solution for easy removal.
7. Zirconia Veneers
- Made entirely from Zirconia.
- Extremely strong and durable.
- Biocompatible — allergen-free.
- Long prep time.
- Smooth and realistic structure made for chewing and grinding.
5 Reasons to Get Veneers
Still on the see-saw about getting cosmetic dental surgery? No worries. We’re here to help you make up your mind. There are plenty of reasons people get veneers. Especially in today’s time, Veneers are extremely popular. Wondering why? Take a look.
- To minimize the gap in-between teeth.
- Unwilling to commit to braces.
- To get a complete smile makeover.
- To hide unfixable stains on teeth.
- To alter the look of chipped or broken teeth.
So, What’s the Final Takeaway?
No doubt, undergoing dental surgery can seem intimidating. Nonetheless, there are several different types of veneers you can go for. Moreover, it doesn’t have to be a permanent solution. If you’re scared, removable veneers can help you get started. Either way, the central aspect of it all is to keep your oral hygiene up to par. Make sure to brush your teeth and floss every day. If you have more questions about Dental Veneers or are looking to get Cosmetic Dentistry, give us a call at (281)-407-5442. We here at Cinco Ranch Family Dentistry strive to fulfill all your dental needs.